This year we have a permit for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 PM to 11PM from December through March at our usual gym.
IN ADDITION (this is the EXCITING part) we have committed to renting a mini-turf field (56 yds X 23 yds) at a brand new facility in Catonsville on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM for the months of January and February.
The plan will be to use the high school gym in December for pick-up and registration and then switch to the indoor turf facility for league play in January and February.
Indoor turf time is expensive, so be prepared to pay a little more… $35 a player for an 8 week season.
Here's the Schedule Overview:
December - Pick-up and Registration at Lansdowne High School on Tuesdays and Thursdays
January & February - League Play at the Goals Baltimore facility in Catonsville on Mondays and Wednesdays (and if needed we will also schedule games at Lansdowne on Tues/Thurs).
March – we should be done by this time, but snow-outs may push some games into this month.
Game Overview: Run-and-Gun Ultimate played in a big box.
Who should play?
Anyone who wants to try it is welcome. While new players are best introduced to the sport of Ultimate in a more forgiving environment (i.e. soft grass and no walls) we won't turn anyone away. However, we do reserve the right to bench anyone that we feel is unable to play safely in the confines of a gym.
What is the game like?
Our own home-grown version of Indoor Ultimate played in a full size high school gym and/or on a mini-turf field.
The "field" may be smaller, but the play is faster and non-stop.
Court shoes or indoor soccer shoes are a must. Goals Baltimore requests no cleats on their turf field – turf shoes are OK.
Regular Ultimate rules apply with the following modifications:
1) "Make it, take it" - i.e. play never stops, therefore you must...
2) Substitute on the fly - as in Hockey or Lacrosse
3) Stall count starts at 6 (still ends at first utterance of 10)
4) Ceiling and lights are Out of Bounds (O.B.).
5) Basketball backboards within the cube of play are inbounds.
6) An O.B. disc that goes out through the end zone is put in play
at the nearest line, NOT at the front goal line.
7) "Out'n in." If your team recovers the disc within the end zone that you
are now attacking, you must pass it out and back in to score.
- Teams will be formed via a draft committee in a futile attempt to provide parity.
- Each team will have approximately 10 players.
- Each team will have one match a week. A match lasts one hour.
- A match will consist of a half hour of pick up followed by a half hour game. Matches will start at 8:30 and 9:30.
- There will be a 6 week regular season followed by 2 weeks of playoffs.
To get on a team, you need to come to the gym at Lansdowne Senior High on any Tuesday or Thursday night in December.
Play some pick-up, register and pay your Winter League Dues: $35.
YUP, this is most expensive league fee ever charged by the CMUA, but still dirt cheap for 8 weeks of indoor turf!
Please pay when you register. We have a large down payment to make on the turf field by the end of December.
Sorry, but you must be 18 years old or older to play in this league.
Directions to the school are here: http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-...
There is a separate gym entrance to the right of the main building in the back of the school.
Here's the registration schedule:
(*** REGISTATION CANCELLED WHEN BALTO. COUNTY SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED DUE TO SNOW ***)
Tues. Dec 3: 9:00PM - 11PM Pick-up and Registration.
Thur. Dec 5: 9:00PM - 11PM Pick-up and Registration.
Tues. Dec 10: 9:00PM - 11PM Pick-up and Registration.
Thur. Dec 12: 9:00PM - 11PM Pick-up and Registration.
Tues. Dec 17: 9:00PM - 11PM Pick-up and Registration.
Thur. Dec 19: 9:00PM - 11PM Pick-up and Registration.
Dec 24, 26, 31 and Jan 2: CLOSED.
Monday Jan 06: League Play Begins.
Three caveats about playing in a school:
1) Cancellations: After school activities are cancelled when classes are cancelled, i.e. no Ultimate on snow days.
2) Surprise High School Activities: A snowed out high school game could be moved to one of our nights without warning. This could delay our start time.
3) No Smoking: The Board of Education of Baltimore County does not allow smoking on school property - inside or out.
If you want to take a peek at the facility we will be using in January and February: http://www.goalsbaltimore.com
The Central Maryland Ultimate Association organizes ultimate frisbee leagues, pick up and tournaments in Central Maryland. Details for Summer League, Winter League and other events will be posted here when they become available.